|Radio Sales Account Executive|
Great Plains Media, Bloomington-Normal, IL
Are you ready to use your sales skills selling something people not only need but are actually interested in hearing about? Great Plains Media has an opening for a Radio Sales Advertising Account Executive with our station group in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. If you want to sell for a company that has a true entrepreneurial spirit and not be bogged down by corporate bureaucracy that gets in the way of your selling, you may be the right fit for our sales organization. We believe in giving our salespeople the resources and the freedom to solve our clients marketing needs. You will be able to use your marketing creativity to sell multi-media ideas that you can really believe in and make a difference for your clients. And, as entrepreneurs we believe in rewarding success, not putting limits on your potential.
Major Responsibilities of This Position:
- Developing new advertising clients through a relentless drive to generate new business
- Face to face meetings with prospective clients
- Involvement in the local business community, developing relationships with business owners and decision makersCreating advertising campaigns for your clients that are focused on their marketing needs and growing their business
- Developing strong relationships with clients to ensure success and repeat business
- Closing business and executing the client campaign as agreed upon
- Coordinating all aspects of an advertising campaign including copy, ad production, billing, collections, promotions, and events
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A passion for selling!
- An understanding of marketing principles and a creative mind to put together unique ideas for our clients.
- Proven ability to ask for the business and the courage to ask again
- Outside sales experience and a track record of successfully prospecting and developing new business
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Internet, social media, and digital marketing savvy
- Excellent listening skills and strong curiosity to learn about your clients’ businesses
- Problem solving ability – someone who sees a problem as an opportunity to develop business
- A belief in your ability to sell and no fear of being on commission because you know the harder you work the more you make
Our station group includes 107.7 The Bull (Country), Cities 92.9 FM News-Talk and The New Magic 99.5- 80s, 90s and Now.
Great Plains Media holdings include stations in Lawrence, Kansas and Cookeville, Tennessee.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you and your sales talents, please email your resume to management at